Wydane w seriach:
Penguin Modern Classics
Autotagi:
druk
książki
powieści
proza
Więcej informacji...

John Steinbeck's powerful evocation of the suffering and hardship caused by the Great Depression, and a panoramic vision of the struggle for the American Dream, "The Grapes of Wrath" includes a critical introduction by Robert DeMott in Penguin Modern Classics. 'I've done my damndest to rip a reader's nerves to rags, I don't want him satisfied.' Shocking and controversial when it was first published in 1939, Steinbeck's Pulitzer prize-winning epic "The Grapes of Wrath" remains his undisputed masterpiece. Set against the background of Dust Bowl Oklahoma and Californian migrant life, it tells of Tom Joad and his family, who, like thousands of others, are forced to travel west in search of the promised land. Their story is one of false hopes, thwarted desires and broken dreams, yet out of their suffering Steinbeck created a drama that is intensely human, yet majestic in its scale and moral vision.
Więcej...
Forum
Forum jest puste.

Szukaj na forum
Nikt jeszcze nie obserwuje nowych wątków na tym forum.

Projekt współfinansowany ze środków Unii Europejskiej w ramach Europejskiego Funduszu Rozwoju Regionalnego
Dotacje na innowacje - Inwestujemy w Waszą przyszłość
foo